Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year from Island Time!



It's great to be back in the routines of regular life after the holidays. We had a hectic season of travel with visits to both my husband's and my side of the extended family, including five generations of family with both of my grandmothers as well as my granddaughter. Those treasures are not to be taken for granted!



But I am happy to be home, back with my sewing machines after a much needed break. I have declared 2014 "The Year of the UFO" at my house. I have scheduled four long-overdue pieces for my frame this month. I also moderate a UFO support group on Facebook for quilters who could use accountability assistance and encouragement. If you are on Facebook and would like to join in, the link is http://www.facebook.com/groups/UFQsupport/ 



I have also received my first commission of the year. I'll plagiarize from the website:  "Bahamas Habitat is an international service organization that partners with volunteer pilots, aircraft owners and aviation industry professionals to fly their own aircraft to provide dignified humanitarian outreach to the people of The Bahamas, Haiti and Mexico. They serve by delivering disaster relief and basic medical, economic, housing and other services." My husband and I flew our plane down two years ago and did several projects, including roofing after significant hurricane damage. We are going again next month, and the organization contacted me to design and provide a quilt for raffle. I have several ideas for designs, and a great aviation themed quilting design I have been dying to try. For more information, or to donate to this worthy cause, check out http://www.bahamashabitat.org 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after moderation.