Friday, January 24, 2014

Airplanes and Quilting

This week I have a commissioned quilt to make for one of our favorite organizations, Bahamas Habitat. I designed an airplane block the old-fashioned way, with a pencil and paper. Most of the block is simple, but the body of the plane required a template, as badly as I hate them.


I'm still working on the layout, so I'll either make 16 or 25 of these bright little Tailwinds. And while I have the hang of them, I may make a few extra. It's hard to believe that I have never made an airplane quilt.  Well, other than this one:


I pieced that quilt as a memory quilt for the first airplane my husband built, an RV-6A. We have since built two other planes, and currently fly this one (an RV-12):


Of course, the cutest airplane I've seen lately was the one Grampy built for our Gingersnap for Christmas:


Back to stitching!

Lori




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after moderation.