Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hand-quilting

Today I am hand-quilting...it's been so long since I have attempted the art of quilting by hand that I am really working on my inner dialogue. You know, that hypercritical voice that judges everything you do, and finds it wanting? (Oh, am I the only one that has that voice in her head?!?)

But this year, I am trying to take every thought captive, and be as kind to myself as I try to be to others. So, the inner critical voice is getting a lot of reframing while I load one or two stitches at a time on this lovely new black goldeye needle. In and out...breathe...patience...that'll do...

There are many lessons in quilting that have nothing to do with fabric.


2 comments:

  1. no you're not the only one, my inter voice screams at times. i also need to try and do the same and be kind to myself. love this quilt it is beautiful. great colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I believe it is important to listen to the voice of truth (as the song goes). I don't want to settle for less than I can do, but I definitely want my inner drive to be encouraging, not mean-spirited! I've been doing a fitness program that has a mantra, "Do your best and forget the rest!" Seems to be working! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Your comment will be posted after moderation.