Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Dresden plates of fruits and veggies...

I spent Saturday listening to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets read to me by Jim Dale (just keepin' it real here, folks!), and piecing this lovely array of Pat Sloan's Eat Your Fruits and Veggies line of fabric into Dresden plates. I signed up for Joanna Figueroa's Simple Fresh Quilts class on Craftsy.com months ago, mainly for this "lollipop" pattern.



I have 13 pieced (I only need 12 for my quilt, but it's always a good idea to have a spare. I'll probably make a pillow.), and since I need a roadtrip project, I will hand-appliqué the blocks onto my white Kona cotton background fabric. 

I also pieced two "Perfect 10" by Swirly Girls Designs quilts in very different color ways. The bright one is another of Pat Sloan's fabric lines "Bobbins & Bits" and was featured on her blog this week... http://blog.patsloan.com/2014/03/pat-sloan-quilts-by-you.html ...and it's not even quilted yet! 


I have already quilted the brown one, and named it "Perfectly Feathered" after quilting it with Fantasy Feathers from itsaquiltthing.com.


Happy quilting!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after moderation.