Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Finishes Report

Here's a quick post to share some finishes from the week!

This adorable Christmas quilt was delivered this week:


I quilted it in "Slick" by Lorien Quilting in Glide white. I love the texture of Slick...I think it looks like nondirectional hearts. I used a nice soft loft batting and density for this bed quilt.



Then I finished this "Scrumptious Squares" from my UFQ pile, and plan to gift it soon. I quilted it with Strawberry Blonde Glide thread in "Luxury" by Lorien Quilting, and bound it in the lime green bias stripe. I love the flannel polka dot backing fabric.


This adorable table runner was picked up by a happy client today! She had seen my Lakeside Gatherings table runner from Fat Quarter Shop, and ordered her own kit! I quilted hers in "Waterworld" in Lemon Ice Glide thread, then bound it in Lantern Glo.



I have had this in my UFQ pile since March or so. I pieced "Yellow Roses, Lakeside" from the leftovers from my Cross & Crown quilt, but added in a special favorite fabric that Maggie fell in love with at our spring Greenville Quilters Guild show, and a guild member shared graciously from her scrap pile. So, I guess you can say this is a "scrap" quilt but it was custom-designed for my daughter.
I added in triple lattices and nine patch cornerstones, plus a flange binding to make it special. The backing is a grey gingham from April Showers by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.



Here's that favorite yellow roses fabric...


This was another UFQ in my stash. I'd pieced four rows over a year ago, but finally got around to finishing the other three rows and cutting the white setting fabric, and getting this quilted. It's 45x55" and is for my younger granddaughter "Gumdrop" to enjoy. I quilted it in Florist by Lorien Quilting in Glide White.


 I think this is the first quilt I've ever bound in white!


Today I'm cleaning and resetting my studio for a fun sewing day tomorrow. We are celebrating "Christmas in July" on July 25, and starting some Christmas-themed projects.

Happy sewing! (Five months to Christmas!)

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after moderation.