Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome to Island Time!

2012 has brought a lot of changes to my life. I became a grandmother, my last child at home announced her engagement (wedding to be next June), and after twenty-one years of quilting, I'm starting my own quilting business. Welcome to Island Time!

Summers are precious to me. The pace of sleeping when I'm tired, working in the long hours of sunlight on projects I adore, and eating all the fresh vegetables and fruits from local farms, and seafood from our area fishermen. I'm still a school teacher for 9 months of the year, teaching middle school math and science in a lovely small classical Christian school, with marvelous students and supportive parents. (If you are serving diligently in public schools today, you have my prayer support!) But several events have conspired to nudge me into quilting more than just as a hobbyist, and now I'm investing in my very own long arm quilting machine. It's very cool; I've always wanted to buy a robot!

I will be keeping you informed of my progress as a beginning business owner, and availability of my long arm services as my experience and ability grows. Stay tuned for Island Time Quilting announcements!

Lori Millsap
Island Time Quilting
islandtimequilting@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after moderation.